January 27, 2011

What We're Wearing...

I had a chance to sit down and chat with Kannyn this week, and subsequently nudge her into posing for our latest "What We're Wearing" profile. Though reluctant to get in front of the camera, she's sucessfully making the fifth month of pregnancy look pretty darn adorable. She offered up some great fashion insight and her always-enviable style is definitely NOT on maternity leave. Pregnant or not, take note, ladies... this is how it's done.



Q. What you're wearing today...

A. My vintage jeans, and loose-knit tee, Charlotte Tarantola layering tank, Tigerlily jewelry, and black scarf- because I'm always freezing! My Tory Burch flats (REALLY comfortable, and I'm a sucker for that label), and my old Tylie Malibu bag.

Q. Kannyn, describe your fashion philosophy for me...

A. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the predominate thing for me right now is comfort. I've been feeling a little bit lazy fashion-wise. I'm relying on silk tops paired with my jeans to look pulled-together without making a big effort. And jewelry... jewelry helps to dress up any outfit and draw attention away from my pregnant belly.

Q. What's topping your wishlist right now?

A. I'm obsessed with all of our Diane von Furstenberg pieces, especially the dress in our window. They're so cute, and SO flattering. Unfortunately, I can't quite wear them right now though- so they'll have to stay on the wishlist for a while.

Q. Describe your beauty regimen...

A. Epicuren Herbal Cleanse and Brazillian Propolis Lotion for my face. Mac eyeliner, Smashbox mascara, and Nars blush. Bumble & Bumble shampoo and conditioner. Moroccan Oil- great for those mornings when I don't have time to blow-dry... just smooth it on, tame the mane and go!

Q. What's been on repeat on your iPod lately?

A. The album Martin And Me, by J. Mascis. It's nostalgic, and acoustic... it just sounds so good to me right now.

Q. What's in your handbag today?

A. Oh my gosh... Preggie Pops, pretzels, lotion, stuff from the last fashion market, a camera, my make-up bag, my olive green Hobo wallet, lip gloss AND Chap Stick, hair ties, iPod earphones and a notebook.

Q. What are you most excited about for 2011?

A. I always like the start of a new year because new beginnings mean new opportunities to implement change and set goals. I'm looking forward to having my baby. And I'm excited about all the changes in the store.

Q. What are you anxious to see your customers wearing for Spring?

A. Diane von Furstenberg! Color! Things that make them look and feel amazing... we've got it all!

No comments: