May 4, 2011

Mix it up!

Pattern mixing comes and goes in various incarnations- like all things fashion-related... but I'm so happy to welcome it back like an old friend. While it's not for everyone, I absolutely adore this trend for Spring. It reminds me of that carefree (read: naïve) feeling of being a little kid and mixing your very favorite pink floral puff-sleeved blouse with your very favorite Sanrio Keroppi-printed stretch pants and a hair ribbon tied around your waist as a belt. You know, hypothetically... *ahem*

Anyway, it's awesome. It feels very loose, and Springy, and... not-taking-yourself-so-damn-seriously! My favorite.


Lauren Santo-Domingo is killing me with her hotsy totsy gold heels for daytime,
with floral pencil skirt and (oh my gosh, you know it's real) python bag. Damn, girl!


Parisian princess goes to the office? Yes, please!
Polka dots and red lips make me swoony.



I never, ever include commentary on menswear, but I'm pretty sure this
guy raided his adorbs girlfriend's closet so he could look equally adorbs.
The marinières striped shirt would've been so cute with the khaki pants,
but he took it to another level when he threw on the embroidered floral jacket.
Amazing.



This girl is my favorite, by far.
Leopard leggings, stripey shirt and her bike?!
Also, I'm pretttty sure those are the Tom Ford Anouk glasses...
Hello, soft spot!



Again, not my usual fare- and I have this weird thing about men in bracelets...
but look at his stripey/polka dotty goodness!
He's even pulling off the striped shirt with the pinstriped suit!
Also, who would ever guess that this suited-up Italian would have a
gnarly tattoo up his sleeve??? I love this contradictory attitude so much-
it's really what the heart of this trend is all about. Bravo, sir. :)

Photo source: 1-5

No comments: