July 30, 2012

Free People shift...

Just a couple of thoughts on the Free People shift dress... First off, let's talk about transition pieces...  You know, the items that help ease you from one Season to the next.  I like to think of them as the multi-taskers in my closet.  This darling dress from FREE PEOPLE is a perfect example of a fashion multi-tasker.  It's a fun, stripey knit, cut just mini enough for warm weather and open-toes; and yet its colors are earthy enough to fit right in come Fall.  Also, is it just me, or does this piece beg to be worn with boots and tights?!  The weight makes the material feel durable and long lasting, the zipper down the back allows for easy removal, and the shape has got to be the most flattering I have put on in a long time. The dress also seems to be wrinkle-free no matter how much you fold it, which has made me dub it the perfect "Travel" dress, because you can literally zip it off, shove it in a bag, pull it out hours later and it'd still be perfect. It's the type of garment I can envision walking down the beaches of Tahiti in; half a dozen men in cream linen jackets at my arm and the dark night sky above us. Or maybe stuffing it in a carry-on bag on a flight from New York City to Miami, getting off the plane, changing into it in the airport bathroom and walking out looking fresh and ready. Or, after a day of scuba-diving in Hawaii, zipping it on for a nice dinner by the beach, complete with flickering lanterns and fresh fruit. Then, after dinner, zipping it off again to reveal a bathing suit underneath and diving back into the ocean.  Really, I don't think it gets better than this.
Because I don't think the beauty of this thing can really be shown in still photos, I dedicated a little less-than-two-minute video to it's awesomeness.


The best part?  It's available RIGHT NOW at AMBIANCE!!!

Call to reserve your size today!