October 23, 2013

Costume in your closet, idea no.5

• C O C O  C H A N E L •

It's no accident that this is look no.5 and though I've been so anxious to share it with you, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to put it in that order.  This was by far my very favorite look from our Costume In Your Closet series.  SO much fun.  Though this look is mostly about Coco's attitude, her unmistakable look is actually easier to achieve than I realized.  It's all about the pearls... Any black and white cardigan will work for this, I paired mine with a simple sheath skirt from Hard Tail.  I used about 900 bobbi pins to pin my hair into a faux bob under that little vintage fascinator, and added some black flats.  Easy!  

Bonus Points: Define your brows with an eyebrow pencil or powder, give lots of side-eye, and add her signature cigarette holder.  I may or may not have stolen a black straw from the coffee shop for that last bit, and wrapped some washi tape around one end.  You know... hypothetically.