October 18, 2013

There's a COSTUME in your CLOSET!

First, allow me to recap...  at this time last year, I was super busy with 
work, home, and costuming three kiddos to look like this:

Which meant that my own Halloween costume was reduced to this:
Ummm...  

This year, I've been informed that the Wizard of Oz was my last hurrah in family theme-costuming.  Hey, at least I went out with a bang.  What does that mean for this year?  NO EXCUSES for costume fail laziness!  Hey, Kahlua Monster Mudslide shirt, it's been fun- but you're sitting this one out.  Yesterday, I went about proving to myself that, with not much effort, it was possible to pull a DOZEN cute costumes right out of my closet.  Really!  So if you're stumped for ideas, and in the market for suuuper simple, quick and fun costume ideas this year- you're in for a treat.  We'll be posting a new costume every day from now until Hallween(ish).  Step away from the lingerie-inspired  devil/angel/nurse/cat, open your closet doors and get excited!  

Costume in your closet idea no.1

• M I M E • 
For this quick and easy costume, I pinned my hair into a faux-bob, paired a striped Splendid tee with black 7 For All Mankind denim, and topped it off with a vintage beret.  Bonus points: Add a white face, round blush, and red lip.  VOILA!