September 9, 2014

September is National Self Improvement Month and while I think you're pretty darn fabulous, I suppose we can all use a little self reflection, every now and then. I, too, have a thousand things to work on: filling up the ice cube trays instead of putting them in the freezer empty, staying consistent with my runs throughout the week, being more patient with others (especially slow drivers); you get the picture.

While there are probably a million and one things that I could choose to work on, I have decided to chisel away, and really focus, on one. Yup, just one. At the end of the day, small changes lead to big changes, right?

I challenge you to take my lead. Take five minutes out of your busy day, grab a cup of tea or heck a glass of wine (why not?) and think about what and how you can work to improve yourself in the coming weeks of September. You don't need to tell anyone what your plan is (I'm keeping mine to myself), just simply go for it. If you want to get stronger, head to the gym; if you want to start learning French, pick up a book at Barnes and Noble.  You deserve a little you time, whatever that may be, without any expectations or opinions from anyone else.

As the leaves start to turn, it only seems natural that we turn over a new leaf ourselves. So, I hope you take the time to formulate a plan and work on something, anything, that you may have been putting off until now. After all,

No comments: